Full Time - Direct Hire Opportunity with Competitive Pay and Full Benefits!
What you’ll be doing:
The Systems Engineer will mentor system, component and test engineers in new automotive OEM vehicle development processes. The ideal candidate will also help with the development of System-to-Component and System-to-Project specification interactions.
What you need for this position:
- Incorporating previous specification (System/Component) work into new projects.
- Incorporating warranty analysis into specification.
- Defining scope of system specification based on selection analysis.
- Competency in developing testable requirements for supplier development
- Associating effects of failure with specific failure modes into specification, associating specifications with mitigation of potential failure modes (DFMEA)
- Utilizing Function to Component mapping within DOORS Next Generation tool to show the relationships between components and systems
- Evaluating effects of potential failure at interfaces between parts and how to correlate that into specifications (systems)
- Archiving system-level specifications
- Identifying participants who contributed to a given system specifications
- Knowledge of the following processes: Requirements management, Change management, Defect management and Configuration management
- Knowledge of the following tools; rational DOORs Next Gen, Clearcase, Clearquest and Rhapsody, UML/SysML
- Experience with Automotive Product Development in the following areas: Systems Requirements Development, Component Release and Validation at component/system vehicle level
- Operational experience with DOORS Next Generation in requirements management and/or test specification
- Expertise in facilitating System Specification workshops using DOORS Next Generation software, with instructor level competency
- Good working knowledge of vehicle systems
- Excellent computer, communication (written and verbal; English), time management skills