*This is a direct- hire position with a company that services the automotive industry.
Essential Job Functions:*
- Dispatches and monitors the movements of customer's freight.
- Prepare daily work and run schedules.
- Daily communications are customarily done via wireless tablets and/or cell phones, other interactive electronic devices or face to face.
- Duties customarily involved in all aspects of pickups and deliveries and tracks shipments from inception through completion.
- In charge of resolving any issues that may affect the scheduled times for pickup or delivery. These problems normally include mechanical problems with trucks, delays due to traffic or weather challenges or changes requested by the customer regarding times or locations.
- Record incoming and outgoing calls and notes what actions were taken.
- Records are also generally kept that reflect information on the vehicles, freight charge bills, and estimated times of arrival.
- Update changes in direction, destinations, freight or other factors are regularly recorded. If any mishaps occur or if there is an issue with a shipper or customer, these records may be useful in the resolution process.
Job Type: Full-time