Position Summary: Manages supplier development activities within the region by providing technical expertise for the supplier development department, leading supplier escalations, and performing project management for supplier development activities. Tracking of actions and intense follow-up with suppliers and internal departments (such as Development, Engineering, Purchasing, Quality and Logistics) as necessary. In addition to this it is necessary to serve as a consultant and lead hands-on actions to achieve best results for the company and our customers.
· Overall project management for supplier development measures to achieve maturity level of purchased parts while ensuring the project will be completed on time and the needed capacity is installed.
· Tracking of all project tasks regarding supplier development activities.
· Execution of project management by creating master project plans and KPI based project tracking.
· Preparation and execution of project meetings and steering committees.
· Preparation of decision templates and presentations for the steering committee including escalation recommendations and action tracking.
· Management of audits and Run @ Rates at suppliers.
· Evaluation of risk analysis.
· Technical leading of cross-functional teams.
· Technology workshops to screen technology and manufacturing practices at the suppliers.
· Assessment of process know-how of new and existing suppliers within the scope of Supplier Readiness Process through feasibility studies.
· Development of solutions and implementation of possibilities for process and product optimization.
· Responsible for technical assessment and introduction of new suppliers for specific Commodities for Division P of North America.
· Leadership of task forces and working within task force teams.
· Responsibility of the industrialization processes of the external suppliers (launch management) in new projects, task forces, and critical supplier development projects (Safe launch activities, Development of solutions and implementation of possibilities for process and product optimization, and Tracking of measures).
· Escalation to the steering committee for project-related topics and the definition and tracking of appropriate measures.
· Performing supplier escalation (EL2) activities to improve supplier performance.
· Requires 40-70% travel.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (e.g., Mechanical, Industrial, Production technology) with solid technical background.
· 8+ years of professional experience in Quality, Production, Logistics, Cost/Process Planning.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project. Etc.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and leadership skills.
· Excellent English language competency both written and oral.
· Able to apply advanced communication skills, team player, comprehensive thinking, management skills, and high flexibility.
· Strong organizational, task management, project management and prioritization skills.
· Expert-level knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within Quality Engineering.
· VDA 6.3 Process auditor and knowledge of APQP, FMEA, Six Sigma, tools for process capability analysis and problem-solving techniques.
· Extensive experience with engineering change systems.
· Willingness to continuously develop the production related knowledge as well as fulfilling the requirement of ZF SDE Driver License.
· Prior experience in preparing and delivering information in presentation form to high level management (ZF internal, suppliers and customers).
· Able to represent ZF in high level meetings with external partners.
· Able to independently troubleshoot issues/concerns and determine course of action.
· High level of independent judgment.
· Willingness to travel both foreign and domestic with high flexibility.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Master’s degree in engineering or technical field (e.g., Mechanical, Industrial, Production technology) with solid technical background.
· Experience with SAP and Axalant or comparable ERP and engineering change systems.
· IATF-16949 awareness training.
· Certification as Six Sigma Greenbelt/Black belt, or comparable improvement methodology.
· Experience with Lean Manufacturing methods and implementations.
· Proficient in other languages (particularly Spanish or German).