Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options
- Leverage various lead generation methods, including social media, networking, and prospecting to meet or exceed established revenue goals.
- Coordinate and submit proposals to current and prospective client companies, referral sources, and other interested parties.
- Track status of new business efforts through the Business Development database and/or other reports as appropriate.
- Coordinate efforts, strategies and relationships with various associations and organizations for new business opportunities.
- Review and provide input on marketing/business development materials to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
- Lead, assist or support the Business Development team with special projects, services and needs as assigned.
- Proactively seek and assess opportunities, plan, implement and evaluate results.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Must have at least 2 years of related experience in Business Development.
- Measurable track record of success in external business-to-business sales.
- Strong knowledge of business development strategies.
- Computer skills/proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the sales and marketing field.
- Must have excellent public relations and negotiation skills.
- Ability to cope with difficult and/or urgent situations requiring immediate decisions.
- Well organized and the ability to multi-task.