| To setup the forge presses according to scheduled production and direction from Plant Manager, and Scheduling Dept. May be assigned to other areas depending on work load in the factory.
|1. Setup Typical duties:
- Obtain dies from storage area
- Clean and prepare to install dies into the forge press
- Remove previous job from press
- Clean work area and install new tooling
- Adjust furnaces
- Ejectors and other devices so that press can cycle safely and produce an acceptable quality part
- Typical dies can weigh up to 40-50 lbs each
- Large dies can weigh up to 100 lbs
- The use of electro magnet hoist is provided for and is recommended/ advisable for all setups.
2. Verify and inspect the parts that are running.
- Take some parts and measure key dimensions to verify that parts are acceptable per customer requirements and blueprint
- Adjust press, lubrication and other devices to keep the quality level of parts at a high level, any questions please speak with group leader, plant manager.
|Some knowledge of basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Driving forklift
- Handling dies, storing, and cleaning of dies or supplies
- Operating material handling equipment
- Accessing information on a computer
- Reviewing production for accuracy and completeness.
Require a valid driver’s license.
- Be trained on the operation of power and/or hand tools
- Greet individuals
- Provide information to office staff, drivers etc.
- Bend, stoop, lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk continuously throughout an 8 hour shift
- Work in other jobs as needed
- Handle and store hazardous materials
- Clean and maintain a safe working environment.
Positions require willingness to perform other jobs in the plant as needed