Assemble or fabricate mechanical parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications in a specific area of a production line in a manufacturing organization.
* 2-3 year’s mechanical assembly experience may be required.
* Must be able to read & assemble using prints & CAD models, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written and verbal instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
* Working knowledge and the ability to utilize a large variety of hand held tools.
Mechanical assembly includes the following tasks:
* Using allen wrenches/drivers to tighten bolts; pressing in bearings/bushings; using torque wrench in certain instances & applying Loctite to bolts.
* Must pay attention to detail.
* Must have good organizational skills.
* Must have the ability to multitask & switch jobs on the fly.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel & have basic computer navigation and utilization skills.
* Solidworks experience a plus.
* Running pneumatic & electrical lines experience a plus.
* Must have the ability to prioritize tasks.
* Experience with inventory management a plus.
* Daily tasks include checking in incoming product, tagging parts going to outsource, pulling inventory stock for upcoming jobs, updating inventory levels as parts are pulled for jobs, checking in parts that are coming back from outsource, assembly of jobs due, preparing finished parts/assembly’s for shipment, ordering fasteners/products as needed, updating Excel project tracker as parts move through our system.
* Must have the ability to identify product defects prior to assembly.
* Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes.
* Must be able to perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
* Must have familiarity with using Over Head Crane controls.
* Must maintain a clean and safe work area.
* Must have ability to lift 30 lbs without assistance.
* Regularly perform repetitive tasks.
* Must have excellent punctuality and attendance.