The HR Intern is responsible for supporting the daily tasks of the HR department for the organization. Under general supervision, responsible for performing a variety of technical and administrative HR related duties to include but not limited to: supporting hiring and recruiting, benefit plan administration, and providing front-line assistance to employees regarding HR activities, processes, policies and procedures.
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
- Provide clerical support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work, answering the telephone, relaying messages, maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives.
- Maintain and/or coordinate social media sites.
- Build and maintain event calendar for HR and assist with event coordination.
- Provide support to management and respond to all employee and management inquires within 24 hours.
- Assist with positing open positions, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, complete reference checks and calling new potential clients.
- Complete data entry of employee information in the HRIS. Maintain, update and prepare all new hire materials including: new hire paperwork, orientation materials and benefit enrollment packages.
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge & Essential Requirements:
- Willing to train, must be eager to learn and conduct research.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word and Excel)
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Able to maintain reliable data integrity.
- Displays a “can do” attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and understand directions and priorities.
- Must be ethical and maintain confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Must be able to work under limited supervision.
- Maintains a strong drive to make change.
- Must display professionalism at all times.
- Ability to navigate around online systems/tools.
- Constant team player.
- Quick Books Experience is a plus
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Min 30 hour work week with extended hours as needed to meet delivery deadlines.
- Can handle high-pressure, highly demanding work environment for excellence of delivery with minimal support or oversight.
- This position offers career growth opportunities.
- This position is predominantly within an office setting.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour