The Controls Software Engineer is responsible for producing application software for specific projects, documenting best practices, and commissioning as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review customer software specifications.
• Document software requirements.
• Develop project templates and engineering documents.
• Attend internal and customer design reviews.
• Bench test required software in the lab.
• Work with additional software engineers.
• Validate all software before commissioning.
• Maintain revision control.
• Commission software on the equipment as required.
• Participate in the validation and buyoff of the software on the equipment.
• Strong communication and leadership abilities.
• Controls system application knowledge.
• Strong programming knowledge and experience using Rockwell or Siemens PLC’s.
• Electrical engineering degree or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience.