1. Review processes for performance and quality (tooling, workholding, fixtures and gauges) to improve productivity and/or quality. Utilize info from Manufacturing & Quality to determine areas for improvements. Part process and gauge error proofing.
2. Monitoring of tool costs and spare tooling required for jobs.
3. Responsible for overall performance, implementation, set-up and debugging of new & existing processes.
4. Participate and follow up on Project Management – APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Control Plans, Gauging, Corrective Actions and Continuous Improvement.
5. Evaluate ergonomics of the workstation or cell for maximum performance in quality, productivity and safety.
6. Investigation and development of new technology or automation to enhance quality and productivity while reducing costs and waste.
7. Interact with customers to develop processes, tooling and gauging meeting all company and customer requirements.
8. Responsible for plant layout, process drawings, offset sheets and tool path drawings (updated and latest revision). Organization of system files.
9. Sample submissions and run at rate preparation.
10. Ensure compliance to all levels of the Quality and Environmental System.
11. Participate in housekeeping, safety and environmental requirements (recycling, labeling, spills and programs).
12. Contribute to continuous improvements in safety, productivity, quality, and housekeeping.
13.Other duties as defined by your manager.
1. Process troubleshooting on CNC Lathe/Mill, Hobbers, Shapers, CNC Grinders, Broaches and automation (robots, conveyors, gaging).
2. CNC programming and Fanuc controls.
3. AutoCad and Inventor.
4. Knowledge and use of tool room equipment.
5. APQP, PPAP, FMEA, Project Management.