PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the rotating operating crews to establish priorities and ensure uniformity of information
- Oversee preventive maintenance activities and guide operator involvement in such activities
- Assist in planning facility repairs, including outage planning
- Assist in developing and executing purge procedures in the plant
- Maintains interpersonal relationships with individuals both external and internal to the organization
- Be an active participant of developing and maintaining a culture of professionalism
- Responsible for following all rules, policies, or expectations
- Responsible for environmental compliance
- Responsible for participating in safety activities to meet or exceed organizational goals and expectations
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A high school diploma or GED, with manufacturing experience in an operating discipline preferred, to provide the following:
- Must have basic knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A thorough understanding of chemical plant safety standards and a focus on personal safety
- Knowledge of pump and piping applications
- Familiar with operation of automated computer controls in a chemical plant
- Understanding of chemical processes, including distillation and chemical reactors
- Familiar with industrial wastewater treatment systems
- Detail oriented individual with strong written and verbal skills
- Strong safety experience
- Ability to work in a team orientated atmosphere
- Demonstrated capability to achieve results through people, technology and processing equipment
- Good knowledge of the assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Ability to function within a matrix organization where employees report to both a functional leader and a business leader
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with both a functional and business leader
- Must be goal oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, coworkers, and management
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to: stand or walk and stoop or kneel or sit. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to: talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms extensively.
The employee in this classification will be required to frequently lift objects of up to 25 pounds in weight. Occasionally the employee will have to lift or move objects of up to 50 pounds in weight.
Vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and/or machinery. The noise level in the work environment is loud.