Job Summary: The Basic Machine Operator for Bevel Gear is responsible to follow the Company safety standards, standard work instructions & process control plan to produce a quality part while obtaining the specified jobs per hour.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
▪ Follow all safety rules and regulations for the Company and the cost center that you are assigned.
▪ Ensure that the quality control of the parts produced is according to the work instructions, manufacturing and control plans utilizing post process gauges and SPC charting as required.
▪ Perform required off-line/CMM inspections as required per control plan.
▪ Achieve jobs per hour (JPH) for the operations that you are responsible for within the cost center you are assigned.
▪ Perform material confirmations following the completion of each operation within the SAP (part warehouse system) and on the part traveler.
▪ Obtain a license or permit to operate a battery powered walk behind and hi-lo lifting unit, where applicable.
▪ Perform material handling as required by pushing process carts on foot or hi-lo/lift assist for those containers that do not have wheels. Contact hi-lo drivers as needed for stock replenishment.
▪ Operate all the machines within the cost center that you are assigned.
▪ Operate automation cells within the cost center that you are assigned.
▪ Responsible for cleanliness in their workplace and on the machines.
Basic PM-tasks (PM-1) also are required as defined in the area of responsibility for multiple machines as allowed by the effective cycle times.
▪ Participate in group meetings and workshops as required.
▪ Diagnose simple faults, reset manual and automated stations.
▪ Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
▪ Works to continuously improve in all areas.
▪ Must participate in any lean manufacturing initiatives within the department.
▪ Order items through tool stores as required.
▪ Maintain chip hoppers and make sure that they do not back up.
▪ Responsible for all other duties as may be assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
▪ Must be continuous improvement oriented.
▪ Must be quality oriented and pay attention to detail.
▪ Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
▪ Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
▪ Ability to work in a team environment.
▪ Must have the ability to work any shift – including an alternative work schedule.
▪ Ability to work overtime per the Company needs during the week and weekends.