- Great place to expand your knowledge in a high demand field.
- Excellent opportunity for growth within the organization as we are involved in several different industries aside of this specific position requirement
- Perform all company accounting functions for a large size transportation company
- Manages weekly payroll and weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual payroll, sales, fuel and excise taxes.
- Prepare and process weekly payroll for drivers and other employees.
- State withholding and unemployment returns.
- Quarterly IFTA and other state tax filings.
- Process invoicing/billing, accounts payable/receivable processing, collection calls, and processing deposits.
- Daily invoicing to brokers in a timely manner.
- Weekly calls to brokers to ensure timely payment and investigate/resolve any discrepancies preventing late payments.
- Enter and pay vendor bills as directed and ensure AP reporting is accurate and up-to-date.
- Process insurance carrier reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reconcile and process daily fuel usage/billing, Comdata/Efs and ExpressCheck bills and coordinate with payroll processing.
- Manage annual truck licensing and ensure all trucks/trailers are properly tagged.
- Keep organized files for each truck including titles, plates, insurance, etc.
- Reconcile and ensure accurate accounting for notes payable and lines of credit.
- Work with Driver Manager to ensure accurate data input to financial and operations systems.
- Reconcile and ensure accurate benefits administration for health insurance.
- Maintain accurate cash balances and reconciliations.
- Process and follow up on insurance claims as necessary.
- Other tasks as may arise in the course of business.
- Successful candidate is someone who has a high energy level, positive attitude and keen attention to detail with an aptitude for competence and ability to thrive in a sometimes chaotic environment.
- Ability to deftly handle multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- 5 years accounting/bookkeeping experience, preferably in the transportation industry; work with a trucking company is a major plus.
- Good with Excel and other Microsoft Office products as well as transportation industry software.
- Experienced with QuickBooks
- Accuracy with data processing is extremely important as well as reconciling your work and following up and correcting errors.
- Confident, self-directed person who is able find and solve problems independently.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with an array of internal and external partners as well.
- Should be a driver of updating software and processes to improve efficiency and accuracy in operations and reporting.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift