We are looking for an Advanced Quality Engineer who will be responsible for supporting launch activities at manufacturing locations and provide quality leadership during pre-production builds at assembly equipment integrators and suppliers.
- Participate in Advanced Quality Planning activities.
- Ensure that customer requirements are incorporated into product functional specifications and lead risk and failure analysis (PFMEA) to ensure functional specification requirements are fully met during process/design validation with suppliers.
- Provide technical and administrative support as needed.
- Assist in the developments of dimensional control strategies with suppliers.
- Assist in the design and procurement of gages and instruments with internal gage coordinator and suppliers.
- Interact with Customer engineering and SQE representatives.
- Support and attend customer meetings and customer process reviews/audits.
- Work with the SQE representatives to create corrective action plans to address process failures prior to PPAP approval.
- Perform or lead root cause analysis on purchased part or product quality issues during early launch.
- Complete APQP activities with suppliers.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvements and value enhancement opportunities.
- Internally communicate with Engineering, Purchasing, Program Management and Product Engineering on opportunities within the supply chain for quality improvement.
- Assist SQE with the development critical suppliers.
- Coordinate with SQE the integration of customer requirements to supply chain.
- Work with Program Management to assist with Managing engineering changes internally and as it relates to suppliers for the initiation of the change to the finalization of the PPAP.
- Perform work in accordance with IATF16949, AS9100 and ISO14001 standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experienced with plastic injection and interiors
- Bachelor's Degree in Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent level of experience.
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience in a medium to high volume TIER 1 manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of APQP gate Review development process
- Understanding of FEMA and GD&T.
- In depth knowledge of ISO/ IATF required.
- Understanding of manufacturing engineering with respect to one or more of these areas: automated assembly equipment, complex product assemblies, mechanisms, metal and plastic forming, injection molding technologies, tooling, fixtures and gages.
- Results orientation with strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time and work extended hours based on customer demand and production schedule.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office.