- Receives emergency calls for law enforcement, fire and/or emergency medical services assistance.
- Reviews and secures any additional information needed on location, nature of incident, status of emergency and other vital data.
- Confirms the nature of the calls, determines the priority of the calls, decides which agency should respond and dispatches the necessary information to the proper agency or unit.
- Assists emergency service units in the field by securing and/or verifying information through computers, department files and records, and other sources of available data.
- Obtains and coordinates the assistance of additional police, fire and medical services/units/agencies, as well as other organizations needed in emergency situations.
- Monitors the availability and location of various emergency and/or designated personnel in the field.
- Records and maintains information in both manual and computerized systems.
- Monitors weather conditions on automated, emergency management system and relays severe weather conditions to emergency agencies.
- Provide first aid or other pre-arrival instructions to callers pending the arrival of emergency, trained personnel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND one of the following:
- Six months' experience with customer service, multitasking, leadership/supervisory experience or responding to emergency situations in an emergency call center, fire service, ambulance service, law enforcement, hospital or military - OR-
- Have not been convicted of a violation of criminal law (Criminal law generally includes all offenses except traffic law, conservation law, and liquor law. Generally, conviction for a violation of criminal law is automatically disqualifying).
- Must have normal hearing and normal color vision
- One year working with the public
- Must be able to type a minimum of 30 WPM
Competitive pay and great benefits package!