Performs all maintenance functions necessary to maintain all operating and service equipment using standard and specialized tools and equipment including mobile equipment as required. Operates equipment in conjunction with repairs and provides assistance in operating functions as necessary to maintain continuity of operations. May work alone, with minimal supervision or with other Maintenance Technicians and coordinates and works in conjunction with operating team members in the performance of maintenance tasks.
· Operates various types of machinery in the coke making process
· Responsible for participating in safety activities to meet or exceed organizational goals and expectations
· Maintains interpersonal relationships with individuals both external and internal to the organization
· Be an active participant of developing and maintaining a culture of professionalism
· Responsible for following all rules, policies, or expectations
· Responsible for environmental compliance
· Performs all other related duties as assigned
A high school diploma or GED is required. Must have 3 years of heavy industrial experience to provide for the following:
· Must have experience maintaining and repairing Material Handling equipment such as sizing screeners and conveyor belts.
· Must have experience maintaining and repairing various types of process pumps.
· Must be proficient in the following skills: stick welding - all positions, 7018 and 6010, rigging, hydraulics, pipefitting, layout and fabrication from prints, oxy/acetylene torch burning and coupling alignment
· Strong safety experience
· Ability to work in a team orientated atmosphere
· Demonstrated capability to achieve results through people, technology and processing equipment
· Good knowledge of the assigned area(s) of responsibility
· Ability to function within a matrix organization where employees report to both a functional leader and a business leader
· Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with both a functional and business leader
· Must be goal oriented
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, coworkers, and management
· Must possess and be able to maintain a valid driver's license