Implements all functions involved with the operation of robotic welding equipment.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Certificate or degree in welding is preferred;
- At least twelve months of welding experience.
- Successful completion of an internal welding test
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must has knowledge and be able to perform basic MIG and TIG welding techniques as needed. Prototype background/sheet metal, Fanuc robotics.
- Knowledge of welding equipment and tools, including their design, uses repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of fixtures and weld setup parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials application for various steel alloys and SS, aluminum, etc.
- Knowledge of and ability to read job specifications (e.g., blueprints, quality control plans, and/or traveler notes) to determine the type of welding and material requirements.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to use handheld measuring tools.
- Ability to read and interpret documents like blueprints, welding symbols, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. GD&T Skills required