A premier particle physics laboratory is looking for a part time CAD Designer.
• Work and coordinate with engineers and other lab personnel to prepare detailed drawings of complex civil, structural, architectural, electrical, fire protection, plumbingand mechanical designs using AutoCad software.
• Prepare conceptual designs, schematic designs, and design development layouts with minimal supervision
• Assist in the preparation conceptual design reports.
• Perform field investigations and measurements.
• Review the accuracy of subcontractor, vendor and supplier proposals and submittals,cut sheets, and shop drawings.
• Provide support of construction activities with review and resolution of request for information (RFI) submittals.
• Make corrections to the drawings as requested
• Prepare material take-offs and estimates.
• Develop standard details.
• Participate in the documentation, filing and archiving of project drawings and submittals.
• Create and update database of design records for future reference purposes.
• Assist in CAD drawing and designing tasks.
• Proven experience of delivery of multi-discipline drawings in AutoCAD format.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in the development of complex civil, structural, architectural, electrical, fire protection, plumbing and mechanical designs.
• Experience in performing work with Government agencies.
• Ability to prepare conceptual designs, schematic designs, and design development with minimal direction.
• Ability to support staff in use of AutoCAD and to develop standards
• Proficiency in MS Office and SharePoint.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking