The company is a leading technology supplier for electrified drivelines. We utilize our competence in the design of electric motors, power electronics and differentials over a wide range of applications. From micro mobility drives with 500 watts to powerful 250 kilowatt-units for buses – we electrify everything.
Job Summary: The controls Technician is responsible for assisting in the planning, implementing, and maintaining stable and capable production/business processes as they pertain to equipment functionality. Machine/Equipment capabilities as they relate to safety, throughput, quality-improvement, monitoring, and correcting issues related to the Assembly/Machining production lines.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and expertise (lead, coordinate and facilitate troubleshooting) in the modification of hardware, software, electrical and power transmission control systems to improve safety, reliability and operational readiness of manufacturing equipment.
- Coordinate with Maintenance, Production, and IT to modify programming and controls systems involving PLC’s and PC’s.
- Develop solutions and ensure the completion of long-term elimination of controls deficiencies; develop alternatives for controls equipment replacement, upgrade or program revisions that improve equipment performance and overall equipment reliability.
- Analyze and challenge existing procedures in areas of responsibility throughout the facility, making recommendations and working with Operational Management to integrate solutions.
- Develop concepts and implement solutions for network and automation.
- May assist with projects (changes, process improvements, etc.)
- Troubleshoot, plan, test, and coordinate the implementation of preventive actions in order to establish and verify a stable production processes in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Monitor and improve performance of processes with respect to OEE, cycle time, uptime, and FTT.
- Establish, maintain, update, and administer controls documentation, including schematics.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma and 2-5+ Years of related experience.
- Experience in manufacturing
- Strong computer skills. Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Must be self-directed and willing to work any shift.
- Knowledge and programming experience with AutoCAD, Siemens, Transline, Rockwell, vision systems, and robots required.
- Knowledge and experience with dispensing systems, networks (ethernet, profibus, profinet), fastening operations, FDM/press operations, NVH, balancing (BTI), laser cutting/welding, etching, gear cutting, heat treat, gear machining, straightening, and gear testing
What we Offer:
- Annual Incentive Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Time
- 401k Plan
- Health Care Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement for educational advancement
- A strong diversity culture
- Supportive Employee Groups and community outreach activities