* Diagnose and repair medium to heavy-duty trucks and trailers, including preventative maintenance, inspections, repair to air and hydraulic brakes, tires, warranty procedures, driveline, steering and suspension, electrical, mobile AC refrigeration, and overhaul and engine rebuilds, with safety as the top priority.
* Identify, diagnosis, and resolve tractor and trailer related issues, i.e. Rand McNally, tachometer, speedometer, power steering, power divider, U-joint, transmission, rear end, A/C, starter, alternator, APU, etc.
* Diagnose and repair trailer components such as doors, floors and side panels.
* Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on tractor and trailer equipment including routine technical repairs and completing repair orders.
* Remain technically proficient in all areas of the shop including tractor, trailer, tire, and basic parts administration.
* Perform general or routine welding with or without prints.
* Use effective interpersonal skills to maintain positive working relationships with team members, all Kriete personnel and external vendors.
* Contribute to the goals of the shop, leadership team, and Company as a whole.
* Utilize appropriate resources, such as the parts manual and computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems, determine most effective and efficient method for repair and locate parts.
* Document work order details within the Company’s internal order and billing program.
* Abide by all Company policies and safety rules and assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.