Supports Quality Assurance activities under the direction of the Quality Manager. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge/Skill/Experience):
- Experienced with APQP (advanced product quality planning) procedures and documentation.
- Participates in all new program start-ups and follow necessary schedules.
- Ensures the quality management system is maintained and its efficiency is continually improved.
- Manages customers and suppliers through the new product launch process and evaluates, completes and submits customer required documentation.
- Participates in internal audits as required.
- Inspection of purchased parts and materials.
- Inspection, and testing of received parts, components, and materials to determine conformance to standards.
- Inspection of manufactured components and assemblies.
- Monitoring of suppliers processes and products.
- Reviews quality problem and take action required to correct defects.
- Prepares periodic and special reports concerning departmental activities, problems, subcontractor's quality system, schedules, and rejected items.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience, in automotive and interior plastics. Experience working with instrument panels a plus!
- Diploma or University degree in Engineering or related field
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, regulations and industry standards, correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situation
- Must be able to use Excel spreadsheet
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation
- Ability to use statistical analysis and SPC methods
- Must be able to make decisions regarding solutions for quality problems while considering demands of product quality, customer needs, production schedules, and time pressures
- Superior problem solving ability
- Risk assessment
- Professional ethics and values
- Direct Hire Opportunity
- Company Paid Vacation
- Company Paid Holiday
- Company Paid Short term and Long term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Option to participate in 401 K
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Offered