View all jobs
Controls Project EngineerShelby Charter Township, MI
Hours: Day Shift
Location: Shelby Township, MI
Responsibilities typically involve leading a team and engineering of control systems of manufacturing equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Position Summary & Requirements:
- Control panel concept and design based on line-up information from the Mechanical Department.
- Control Project Engineers shall be able to properly design all aspects of a system of software and hardware.
- Develop documentation including schematics, Bill of Materials, network diagrams, and customer deliverables.
- Guarantee the workability, completeness, and accuracy of all designs.
- Coordinate with other Project Engineers regarding design concepts and consistency.
- Participate in internal and external design reviews with cross-functional teams.
- Ensure that all designs meet either internal and customer-specific standards.
- Fully document and maintain engineering records for the project.
- Write software as required. Ideal candidate must understand ladder logic and HMI programming.
- Perform commissioning and debug activities for new and existing equipment.
- Provide as an engineering liaison to manufacturing and field service departments.
Established and growing company offering competitive wages and benefits including:
- Ability to make take the Controls Engineering Lead on a project.
- Knowledge and experience using Siemens TIA Portal for logic and HMI development.
- Knowledge and experience using Rockwell Logix tools for logic development
- Knowledge and experience using Rockwell FactoryTalk View for HMI development.
- Strong root cause and troubleshooting capabilities
- Experience with Servo and VFD drive technologies.
- B.S.E.E. Degree preferred, Mechatronics and experience considered.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience.
- Opportunity for career growth and advancement
- Laptop & Smart Phone
- 401K+ Match
- Premium Hourly Rate
- Bonus eligibility
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability