Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
• Maintain a polite and courteous manner with coworkers, vendors, auditors, and customers.
• Follow all documented procedures and work instructions including but not limited to ISO-9001 & IATF 16949, customer specific requirements, and all related processes.
• Perform inspections on materials, products and processes per procedures and instructions.
• Utilize gauges and other equipment to verify product and process parameters..
• Clearly and accurately document the results of inspections on materials, products and processes per procedures and instructions. This can include filling in forms, utilizing digital technology such as electronic tablets, computer data entry, placing material in the quality hold area and accurate filing of documents in a computer data base.
• Notify the Production and Quality Supervisors of any failure to meet specifications of materials, products or processes.
• Provide “Approval” for acceptable materials, products and processes.
• Assist and coordinate containment of suspect components and / or finished goods.
• File and maintain records of inspections, audits and retains.
• Maintain a neat and orderly work environment as well as complying with 5S guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• 3 year minimum production experience or 2 years previous inspection experience preferably in the automotive, aerospace and or medical area.
• Ability to read, write, perform basic math skills.
• Good communications skills, must be able to read, write and speak in English.
• Ability to understand and use basic inspection tools, including calipers, micrometers, moderately complex custom gauges as well as read and interpret coordinate measuring machine (CMM) reports.
• Ability to understand product drawings and specifications Computer skills, including MS Office Excel and Word.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• 2 Year Degree
• ISO / IATF compliant work environment: 1 year