Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead/direct, as required, plant personnel during debug/start-up of machines to verify mechanical machine functionality is correct and complete.
• Assist service manager and other departments to answer product related technical questions from customer.
• Assist in local and non-local service calls and installations.
• Train customer personnel on machine functionality and proper start-up and debug of our standard machines.
• Review checklist and open issue list prior to installation to assure the service technician(s) are lined-up.
• Assist with our standard manuals to develop a more technically complete and user-friendly service manual.
• Participate in meeting as required with the project manager and department supervisors to line-up installation plans and review all open-issues prior to shipment.
• Create and develop improvement ideas and review with managers for approval and implementation.
• Communicate with customers while on site to give updates to objectives.
• Write service work orders and job site status reports.
• Supervise installation, de-bug, and buyoff activities at customer locations.
• Coordinate necessary resources for installations, focusing on kits, warranty, etc.
• Document changes to equipment on prints and return updates to appropriate engineering department.
• Work with site manager to assure proper flow of daily activities at customer locations.
• Hands on for installations/service calls/warranty.
Education: High School Diploma required
• Journeyman Machine Builder or equivalent required
• 10 years as Machine Builder
• 5 years of de-bugging and installing new machines
Summary & Requirements:
• Willing to travel to Support Installations and service calls (on-call 24/7 while on installs).